Thursday, June 4, 2009

Passing it on, living it up


I've gotten better giving up trying to control that which I can't control. The humility that follows comes with an enhanced sense of gratitude towards the simple shifts of fate the Universe offers that simply make my life easier and more enjoyable.

Today I was once again about to leave for Blekinge when I received a call from my client saying that the therapist we booked an appointment with was ill, and we would have to reschedule. Suddenly I had an "office" day that wasn't steered by any scheduled meetings. Since we had decided to book a new appointment the following Thursday, I would need someone to take over my Body Balance class next week. I knew my friend and colleague Carina, who was going to be teaching today's lunch class, had been ill so I called her and asked if she would mind switching classes with me. Needless to say, she was delighted. Talk about win-win.

The joy and endorphine kick I got from today's class has stayed with me throughout the day. The kids got to decide what to eat tonight (hamburgers), and my husband, who was also in a good mood after having been to the track to train his horse, made it home just as I was making them. Dinner was delicious with just the right blend of spices and toppings.

After dinner I plopped down in my "Lazyboy" recliner which I had bought when I was expecting my son. It's in the corner of our living room, and I don't often sit here, but geez, it's comfortable. A few minutes later my husband came out from the kitchen and lay a bag with a few remains of my favorite cornchips on my lap.

The atmosphere is simply harmonious.

No comments:

Post a Comment