Sunday, June 7, 2009

Anticipation


I am really looking forward to teaching today's yoga class. The past few weeks I have been working on releasing that which can be released in my poses, and I'm happy to say that it's taking my practice to a new dimension, especially in hip-openers. The metaphor I used when I taught Wednesday's class was comparing doing yoga in sweatpants as opposed to wearing jeans. I encouraged them to find just how much energy was needed to achieve alignment, just as sweatpants need a waistband, followed by creating the same freedom of movement one feels in one's favorite workout clothes. Simple, but effective.

I like mixing it up in my yoga, which is one of the (many) things I love about Virya yoga. Today's class will be no exception. I plan on surprising them by cheerfully switching between levels 1, 2, and 3 throughout our modules, and I can't wait to see their reaction when they get to test these principles in supported handstands...

1 comment:

  1. Vilken bra metafor!!!
    För det är nästintill omöjligt att göra höftöppnare iklädd jeans :)
    /Helle

    ReplyDelete