Friday, June 12, 2009

Barometer blues


The weather has gone from sunshine to dreary clouds, from shortsleeves and capris to jackets and umbrellas. Somehow the change in pressure seems to have effected my sense of flow.

I've already written about my "brush with justice", very simply how a momentary lapse of attention in the vincinity of a loaded radar camera may very well lead to a speeding ticket. Just accept it. Tonight I noticed that a dubious classmates website withdrew money from my credit card. Not a lot of money, but enough to make me want to question if they had the right to do so. No luck trying to discuss the matter with customer service. Just accept it?

Then there's the sluggish phase in our relationship where we're just going through the motions, not really seeing each other as much as we should, where irritation is easily ignited. To accept (with loving patience) or not to accept (as in do something about it); that is the question?

I humbly surrender as I see no point in fighting an invisible enemy. Instead I am on my knees asking for grace - and a change in the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment