Monday, June 8, 2009

Major frustration, lesson unknown (aside from the obvious)



Tonight, for the second time in my 23½ year driving career, I got busted for speeding. Not much, under 10 km over the limit (roughly 6½ mph). No cops, no drama, just an unexpected flash just as I was singing along to "Eternal Flame" on the radio. No excuses, right?

Yet, am I bitter? At the moment: What, are you kidding??? HELL, YEAH! I have been sooo bummed out, thinking about how tight I have been with money. How I have been really avoiding treating myself to unnecessary luxuries, like that Viatmenese lotus lamp in silk and bamboo that I fell in love with a couple of weeks ago. That lamp might as well be in Vietnam at this point because it certainly doesn't feel like I'll be treating myself to anything for a long time to come.

Usually I try to reason with myself and find some hidden meaning in all that happens, especially when I have screwed up. I suppose this lesson isn't too below the surface after all. I just have to lighten up on the gas.

2 comments: