Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lucky


I woke up feeling anxious about today. I had appointments late in the afternoon in Malmö which meant that I would be leaving just as rush hour started, and all the way through Lund they're doing roadwork, so at best I would be getting home at 8 P.M. this evening.

Since my working hours are irregular I'm lucky that my husband can usually take care of picking the kids up from daycare in the afternoon. Today, with my consent, he would be packing his horse and sulky after lunch and make the 3½ hour trip to Malmö to start in a race at Jägersro (we'd be driving past each other somewhere around Kristianstad).

The neighbors were kind enough to say that the kids could wait at their house; we are so lucky to have them. Especially since I know they were expecting company, had a school meeting, and were going to take the dog to obedience school.

So even though there was a solution, it just didn't feel right. My daughter would be going on a bicycle trip with her class so I knew she was going to be tired this evening. And my son would be out all day playing and in dire need of a shower as well as an early bedtime.

Sitting in my car on my way to Malmö, I tried not to fret; I just figured I would hope for the best, hopefully I wouldn't be delayed. About half-an-hour after I started my trip I noticed that I had gotten an e-mail. Lucky for me my e-mails are delivered to my cell phone. It was from the therapist I would be meeting this afternoon. There had been a misunderstanding, and the girl we were supposed to meet was away on a field trip. So we had to postpone our appointment. My other visits could easily be rescheduled. I stopped my car, made a few phone calls, and headed back.

I couldn't believe my luck.

1 comment:

  1. ibland så bara trillar allting på plats. Du vet. Kram

    ReplyDelete