Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Non-routine workout(s)




I wrote in my previous entry that I am no longer going to try to plan my exercise in advance since I often times find myself stressing more about it than actually enjoying it. So I decided that this past weekend that enough was simply enough.

I've been on the road since Monday. Before I left home I got up for an early morning walk around "my" stream while listening to the birds, humming along to a couple of songs on my Mp3 player, and inhaling the fresh scent of jasmine.

When I was finished with work yesterday, I chose to visit a dear friend that I hadn't seen in months instead of hurrying back to my hotel room to exercise. When I returned to my room later in the evening, I was feeling rather stiff from standing all day. So I did some "Candlelight Yoga" to soften up my joints which felt great.

Tonight, upon returning to my hotel after having visited my friend for another delightful evening, I thought about doing some yoga. But instead of dutifully rolling out my mat, I wondered to myself if I really wanted to do yoga. So I paused and listened inward, and I came to the conclusion that tonight I felt like using the ellipse machine (which I never use) for a short while and followed it up with a 20-minute Baron Baptiste core work out. Listening to Baron again (not live, on my computer, of course), well, it was like meeting another old friend... It felt fresh, and most of all:

I enjoyed myself!

1 comment: