Friday, May 22, 2009

Give it up or just give up?


Stress management makes so much sense when I am calm and in control. It's when my emotions play me like a yo-yo that I realize how low my threshold can be. And if Bloodhounds are good at tracking down blood, then my kids must be Stresshounds because they can always tell when Mom is about to lose it; with anxiety written all over their faces.

Tonight I recognized what was happening and decided to stop while I was ahead. I didn't want them to pay the price for my bad mood. I was going to give it up, accept my circumstances, and make those waffles that I had promised my daughter earlier in the day. While glancing through the newspaper I saw yet another picture of a child with dried blood and stitches on his face, a victim of a carbomb attack, which just goes to prove that my woes were pretty freaking superficial. Maybe I was on to something here?

Not so fast. Before long my exhaustion hit, and my emotions started regaining their momentum. I bit my lip and made those waffles just to discover as I put them on the table that we didn't have any jam. At that point it became quite obvious tonight wouldn't mark my obtaining any form of milestone enlightenment.

Instead I gave up. Maybe tomorrow I'll get it right.
P.S. Thank goodness we had a few drops of Log Cabin syrup in the cabinet.

2 comments:

  1. Vännen. Vi skulle ju fika. Kom hit så ska du få sylt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så gullig du är! Men du var nog på en liten romantisk helg just då??? Hoppas jag, i alla fall!! KRAM!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete