Thursday, May 28, 2009

Listen up!


My boss doesn't listen to us. I only let it get to me some of the time; mostly I just go about minding my own business which, honestly, suits me just fine. But when it's time to have a discussion, I end up at a loss because no matter how much I try to mirror what he says and validate his points NOTHING I do or say can get him to do the same in return. Not much fun when the topic you're trying to discuss is your salary.

I have the same problem with my mother. It goes so far back and runs so deep that I have completely given up. Or at least I pretend I have. In my dreams I go ape-shit on her, pent up feelings of such incredible frustration over neither being allowed to have nor make a point finally get the best of me, and my patience cup runneths over. I end up feeling completely out of control; similar to when I dream that I drive my car off a bridge into a body of water.

But at least when I drive my car off the bridge I always manage to find my way out and start swimming towards the water's surface, despite my panicky fear. This never happens when I dream about people I can't reach, even when I do everything I can to meet them on their terms.

It keeps me a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment