Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Recharge


One of the problems with having a job that requires hours of travel every day is that my to-do list consistently undergoes radical changes from the time I leave a customer to the time I return home. And it's frustrating.

So even though I'm still on the "non-routine" wagon (as far as exercising goes) I had high hopes of doing some yoga today - and not just any yoga, mind you. I spent the couple of hours I had at home this morning before leaving for today's appointment doing laundry, making beds, making dinner, just so I could enjoy a guilt-free yoga class with Carina 6 P.M. this evening.

Change of plans - looking at the clock when I finally was able to start my trip home this afternoon there was no way I was going to make it back in time. OK, I thought, I will just have to work out on my own today. I stopped for something to eat so that I wouldn't have to worry about that upon returning home, which would have meant waiting at least another hour before starting.

Then the inevitable occurred, as it so often does. When I'm all alone in the car, my optimistic mind enthusiastically writes list after list of all the things I find myself actually longing to get done. My energy at that point is on top. All I have to do is make it home. After about an hour - PANG - my head feels like it's going to explode, and I am desperately clutching at the steering wheel trying not to think about how wonderful it would be to close my eyes.

When I finally did get home, it was all I could do to drag myself inside and throw myself down on the couch. Work out? I couldn't even sit up! In a last, desperate attempt to not see all my plans get flushed down the toilet I decided that a little müsli might help bring me back. And a ½ cup of coffee. So now I'm feeling a bit more like myself again. It's almost 8 P.M. With any luck the kids will be in bed within 20 minutes; maybe then I could roll my mat out???

2 comments:

  1. stackars dig. hoppas att du mår bättre idag. Kram på dig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kors i taket - med start kl 21 ägnade jag en timme åt ett skönt flöde med mycket framåtfällningar. Sov som ett stock sedan. Så starkt det kändes igår att JAG BEHÖVDE DETTA, men allra helst hade jag yogat för dig...KRAM

    ReplyDelete