Friday, July 17, 2009

Why I need to keep meditating

I went to a seánce the other day for the second time in my life. I was hoping, probably as were the other 100 or so participants, that I would get a spiritual visit, either from my best friend John or my mother-in-law A-G, but that wouldn't be the case this evening.

What was interesting was that I was physically moved by just being in that room. That was definitely not the case last fall, the last time I was there. From the second I sat down, about a ½-hour before the start of the seánce, I felt a tangible amount of pressure on my lungs, head, and muscles. It was almost to the point where I felt nauseous. So I started focusing on my breath with the mantra So-Ham (I am). When the medium, Lasse, then started the seánce, he said that some of us could feel extremely tired afterwards, as a result of all the energies present in the room. I asked him afterwards if such a reaction was a sign that one was open or if one was closed, and he replied it meant that one was open. He also said that it was all about personal development, if one were to further explore those reactions.

It was a gorgeous summer evening on Öland. On my drive home I stopped in Färjestaden to walk around the harbor and think. What I got out of the evening, through some quiet reflection was the following:

I am exactly where I am supposed to be for the moment; I just don't know where I'm headed.

Meditation has obviously had a positive effect on me being able to open my energies and come in contact with a deeper level of my self.

I need to continue on the path of meditation (I hope to take a course this fall for more specific instructions) in order to shape my future reality while I learn to release my sense of desire - easier said than done!

I need to clear my mind so that I can start to be creative and dare to pursue my dreams.

1 comment: