Sunday, July 19, 2009

Today's outfit!

I had a middle-age-moment in the dressing room yesterday trying on a very hot, red bathing suit that I thought I could pull off. That is until I turned to see the backside.

Even if I thought my butt passed the test, the back of my thigh suddenly resembled what could happen if a 2-year-old were ever to try his/her hand at tattooing; my reflection revealed a bright blackblue spiderweb of scribbly varicose veins. "That's why," I reminded myself, "you wear surfing shorts."

My insightful 10-year-old daughter who was with me asked me later on if I was sad about that whole episode, and I dutifully answered that this is the kind of thing that happens, and I am instead happy that at least I'm healthy (which is, of course, true).

Here's another telltale middle-age-sign: many of our younger blogging counterparts add short entries with captions such as "Today's outfit" and "Tonight's outfit"! Here's what my "Morning outfit" looks like! Note the unwashed hair and tired face sans makeup ;-) .

At least I put together a matching pink yoga t-shirt with pink plaid pajama bottoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment