Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday evening in Ljungbyholm

It's Friday evening, and the Clone Wars have called a ceasefire so that my son can go to bed. I await anxiously with a slim glimmer of hope the results of my husband's horse's race (my husband trains a trotter - M.Q. Cloud) and am therefore chained to the computer at least a few more minutes.

Once those results are in, I think I'll go sit outside on our porch. It is one of those wonderful summer evenings where you can easily sit outside without freezing. Even though the days grow shorter, it is still dusk at 9:30 P.M. And I can hear the birds singing through my open window, coaxing me to join them...

So either I'll try to do a little meditating before my dustridden, exhausted husband returns or else I should try to figure out what Sunday's theme is going to be for my yoga class. It's hard to believe that I have already been on summer vacation from teaching yoga for four weeks. And I really don't know where to begin upon taking up my class again.

My physical practice has not at all been what I expected it to be this summer. I thought I would be using my spare time now to work on advancing myself to the next levels in my asanas (those which I learned from this winter's teacher training) but ended up going back to the basics, even back to my old DVDs, the ones that I used long before I even started taking classes. What I've developed is a whole new outlook and technique in my bandhas (energy locks), not only my abdominal lock, but especially my pelvic lock, as well as my breathing.

This is why I never get tired of doing a basic practice - even the simplest discoveries can totally rock one's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment