Friday, July 10, 2009

Juggling acts and a riddle

At the moment I am enjoying the silence. My husband snuck out to go to work at 5:30, and the kids are still asleep. Mr. Meow, realizing I had no intention of jumping out of bed to get him food, has left his spot on my chest and is presently on a stake out from his laundry room window. In front of me lies the rest of the day.

What to do? And in what order? How will I juggle everyone's wishes and repeat the same magic act performed yesterday, the day before yesterday, and all the days prior to that?

Ok - here's the "must-do" list : A has swimming lessons, and I need to take care of the kids until P gets back from work. That's about it. Honestly, I can't let housework be a must, or in that case then me doing some yoga today is a must that ranks higher.

Nope, yoga and housecleaning are on the "things I'd like to get done today" list. Add to that making the kids happy by finding things for them to do. Luckily we have leftovers from yesterday, so I won't have to stand by the stove today.

And for some reason my "things that I would like to do while on vacation" list continues to echo its empty and sorrowful song back at me. What I would like to do, given the choice, without taking anyone else into consideration, remains a riddle to me.

picture from Google

1 comment:

  1. Tack Judie!! Jag har inte sett Barometerns bilaga men nu blev jag grymt nyfiken :)
    Suger åt mig som en svamp av berömmet och är glad att jag hittat din blogg!
    Trevlig helg!!

    ReplyDelete