Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Beware of what you wish for...

That girl standing on the corner could be me right now. Dark hair, pony tail, standing still while the whirlwind traffic flies by. Funny, too, because that's also the only way I can stand right now - supporting my weight with my left leg while my right leg is bent.

It's not like I want to sound like a martyr since everyone I know is busy, busy, busy. But this fall has been for me much busier than usual. Still, I got a break when I caught a stomach bug a few weeks ago, which, honestly, came at a perfect time. Now that I was done with my travels outside of Sweden I was ready to really focus on getting my life's puzzle back together. And knowing that we would be going on vacation in December, well, I couldn't say that I was feeling particularly sorry for myself.

So this "break" from work, housework, working out, etc. wasn't anything I felt a real need for at this point in time. And usually I am more than happy to find some hidden meaning in unexpected setbacks. Not wanting to seem as though I'm delusional, still life is a lot easier to handle if you open yourself to inspiration even in the most unlikely of situations. But I guess sometimes sh** just happens. And with a laptop, newspaper, cell phone, coffee mug, and remote control within arm's reach...and with my family out doing their thing for the moment, well, it's not like I'm exactly suffering. The peace at home right now reminds me of the quiet you experience when you're outside during an evening snowfall, dampening all noise and bustle while blanketing you with solitude.

I'm expecting it to be a lot worse tomorrow with my bandaged, newly operated knee. Sometimes things have to get a little bit worse before they can turn around for the better.

Pictures from Google

No comments:

Post a Comment