Thursday, April 30, 2009

ordinary = extraordinary


I've been sitting here for about 15 minutes without coming up with anything to write about.

Today was an ordinary day.
Between appointments, I drove through abosolutely breathtaking countryside, this being the most beautiful time of year here.
It seems like everyone in our little family is doing fine for the moment (I think the fish oil is even starting to show some positive effects on my 5-year-old son.).
The weather was gorgeous for the umpteenth day in a row .
Tomorrow is a holiday, and we have nothing planned.

Meanwhile:
On the Discovery Channel (that my husband turned on), I watch as thousands of people dig through mountains of garbage in dumps looking for something to sell.
At McDonald's today, I stepped back to let a young, very thin girl, no more than 7 or 8, pass by in her wheelchair. Under her summer hat I could see that she had no hair.
In the newspaper, there was an obituary for the father of an aquaintance, less than two weeks after having read an obituary for the same aquaintance's brother, who died at the age of 46 by a sudden heart attack.

Tonight I'll go to bed, after a completely uneventful day, and regard myself as the luckiest person I know.
Om shanti. Peace. Fred.

No comments:

Post a Comment