Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth hour - more than a manifestation


The manifestation part is great. I felt like I was part of the "cool" crowd. Around our block the few homes without their lights turned off out stood out like sore thumbs.

After having just arrived home from our trip to the States, we were all feeling pretty jetlagged. The time it took to unpack (which I'm still not completely done with) was nonending. Then the whole trying to get back into our (at least my) routines of grocery shopping, making meals, doing laundry, making beds...

And at 8:30 P.M. Earth Hour began. I had gotten all the candles out, and watched with my daughter as the streetlights went dark. It was dark yet peaceful. My daughter and I sat on the couch and discussed her upcoming birthday party while her little brother monkeyed around (couldn't find the switch that turns him off...). Then we pulled out little brother's new board game and played "Don't Wake the Hulk" by candlelight.

Maybe not the same as playing in a pool in Florida on a hot, sunny day, but just as nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment