Saturday, October 10, 2009

J + P

An irresistible urge to go through a dusty box filled with old photos this afternoon led me to a card I apparently had given to my husband on our wedding day, October 11th, 1997.

Here's what was written in the card that I don't remember ever having bought, much less where I could have found it to begin with:

My husband, You are my forever love

Your friendship and love, and all of the wonderful things that they bring to my life, are like nothing else I've ever known.


My heart is complete with the love we share, and our love grows more beautiful each day...

As long as I have you, my husband, I have everything I need. Moments of success may come and go, and material things bring us momentary joy. But you are with me always...in a smile, a touch, a memory, a feeling, or a moment we share.

Friends enter our lives, sometimes only for a short time, but the friendship we share is deep and secure. Even if everyone else suddenly left me, I know I'd still have you as my best friend.

We pass through different phases of life with all their changes and challenges, and one day turns into another. But through it all, our love is constant.

You lend me strength when I need it most, and give me a precious gift each day by loving me just the way I am.

I don't know how you do it, but in your own special way you fill my life and heart with a wondrous joy that will always be present. You make my life complete, and I love you. - Linda Sackett-Morrison

To this day, I stand by every syllable.

1 comment: