Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wake me when it's Monday


I have a confession to make.

I suck at weekends.

When I'm in work mode, I am so much better at sucking it up, keeping it together, getting a move on, making it through the day so that I can bring home the bacon. On the weekends, I pretty much break down. But not in the way that I am lying in bed and recharging my batteries. Nope - I'm up early, getting the breakfast made while trying to figure out the logistics of the weekend.

What I want and wish for every weekend is a chance to work out and time to clean. That's usually not how it goes. It's easy to get caught up in seeing to that everyone else gets done whatever it is they need to get done first - after all, I can work out "anytime", and the cleaning "isn't going anywhere; it'll still be there..." The problem is that by the end of the day when it's MY turn, my MOJO is running on empty.

And it's gotten to the point where I don't even enjoy weekends anymore because they're characterized by anxiety, frustration, stress, and in the end, apathy. I would almost prefer just being allowed an extra hour's sleep in the morning, 7:30 would be perfect, then the rest of my day could continue on like a regular work day.

Because at least then I'd feel like I'm getting something accomplished.

1 comment: