Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Changed my mind

This morning I made my regular three hour drive to a client, using the time as I often do to write blog entries in my head. I was planning on taking a dare and writing about a seemingly provocative subject (although anything I write usually only has to do with me, and when I write I only speak for myself). Still, there was a pretty good chance that certain people, friends even, would be taken aback.

Then as my day progressed, I felt that I was just receiving one complaint after another. Complaints that were somewhat justified, yet petty enough that I felt compelled to offer a different point of view. Even though I've improved greatly throughout the years when it comes to expressing my opinions, especially when they're not shared by the recipient, it still takes a lot out of me.

So when I finally made it to my hotel, the merciful sanctuary that my yoga mat offered was greatly welcomed. And when I was done, I didn't feel like being self-righteous anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment