Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cocooned


My own made-up word - cocooned. That's where I've been hanging. I've had to go inside myself, closing myself off from my social world, in order to keep myself in motion. I've had to prioritize: family, work, yoga, home, and there's been neither space nor energy for anything more.

Tonight, I finally feel that I can enjoy the luxury of simply being. At a hotel yet again, but I am more relaxed than I've felt in quite some time. Not that I've suffered, but gosh, nothing goes up against having time to do whatever it is I feel like doing.

My son greeted me this past Tuesday with a cheerful "Happy March 1st!" I couldn't have said it better myself. In Southern Sweden where I spend my workdays, the snow has completely melted. Brown, earthy fields bordered by leafless, brown trees are, for me, a breathtakingly beautiful sight for sore eyes this year. I welcome the return of daylight like a long, lost friend.

While I think I'm past turning into a beautiful butterfly, I'm more than happy to crawl out of my cocoon to once again greet my friends and with my heart and soul welcome the coming of spring once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment