Monday, November 15, 2010

Thirty days...discuss!

Ok, a list is circulating on the web with 30 personal topics to blog about. I'm in the midst of a severe case of "Blogger's block", so I thought a challenge like this sounded like fun. You remember what fun is, right? I'm not sure I'll manage 30 days in a row, but I'm going to try!

Day 1: Allow me to introduce myself...

A woman with several hats: wife, mother, physical therapist, sales rep, clinical trainer, yoga student, yoga instructor...

...or rather, a woman who juggles between her different hats, hoping to one day figure out who she is so that she can go hatless, and still keep everything in motion.

I'm still in love. It was definitely lust at first sight way back in 1992. The best part today is grossing my kids out by kissing my husband in front of them.

My children are my oxygen; they sustain me. And yet I can't wait to see how they shape their own lives when they are no longer dependant on my husband and me. I hope I can help them to become happy and secure individuals as well as compassionate citizens. I hope they can look back on their childhood with joy.

I wish, however, I had more patience with my family. My hugest fallback is being overly sensitive. I could use lessons in chillin'.

I'm much better one-on-one than in groups, unless I have a leading role, such as teacher. Why? Because I'm basically a pretty shy person.

So I have very few close friends. I used to be the "nice" person who gave more than she took. Now I'm only interested in relationships that offer some sort of balance.

I've always been interested in staying in shape, but I am hopeless at getting my butt in gear. What to do? Find a profession that encourages me to keep on moving - physical therapy. And to really keep me moving I became a group-training instructor because that forced me to the gym, and later on, to my mat.

Yoga is my beacon. Yoga found me when I was ready for it. Yoga has been patient and met me where I am, and taken me to the next level when I've reached the point that I am ready to move on. My physical practice is still a big part of my well-being, but I find myself more and more drawn to using yoga to create inner peace.

My work offers me a way to "do some good", and it in turn I get the chance to feel good about it. And many times it teaches me perspective.

For example, I was mistaken in my previous entry. The young man with cancer whose father had written to me had passed away on November 6th. Even though pain is a relative concept, when I am once again reminded about life's fragility, it only makes me want to appreciate what I have even more.

And one thing I love about life is laughter. I love irony (as does my husband). As well asSNL from the 80's, which is why I had to include a picture from "Coffee Talk" in this entry.

Picture from Google

No comments:

Post a Comment