Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hibernation


Everytime I open my blog, I start thinking that I should really try to write something. The problem is that I am more or less just going through the motions at the moment. I wouldn't say I'm apathetic, but somehow my mind's defenses have shut down parts of my brain in an attempt to prevent me from getting cabin fever due to this insanely white winter we are experiencing.

My mantra these days is what the birthing nurse reminded us about at my yoga for pregnancy course two weeks ago: Nothing is permanent; everything you're feeling will eventually pass.

So I'm surrendering to Mother Nature (as far as I know, no one's beat her at any challenge anyhow). I'm accepting that everything we do on an everyday basis is going to demand more time, energy, and patience, and with that I'm to accept that it's only natural that I am feeling depleted as a result. So when I'm tired at 9 P.M., I can't start doing yoga or blog; I NEED to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment