Thursday, December 17, 2009

Joy to MY world...


At the risk of seeming egotistical...I am so in seventh heaven in that chilled out, hazy-eyed, shoulders-finally-closer-to-hips-than-ears sort of way. Just to prove how laidback we are at the moment, today was marked by my husband's and my ability to for once just be spontaneous as we let the day unfold without following any sort of schedule. We never just let the day unfold. Usually P and I will sit and plan out the following day down to the hour before going to bed the night before.

Today we all woke up at 5:30 A.M. (thank you, jetlag). By 9 A.M. P had already been to the gym, and we were out the door headed towards the beach. The temperature in the Atlantic is the warmest I've ever felt. After swimming for a couple of hours, we headed in search of lunch and bought Chinese food at the first place we could find. Then we just continued on down A1A towards Ft. Lauderdale. Suddenly we turned right to get a closer look at some of the enormous yachts when it dawned on me that we could take a water taxi to do some sightseeing. Very unlike me - first, me do something on a whim?! That costs money without creating a budget?!!! Not possible.

But that's exactly what we did - for the following two hours we basked in the sun's warm rays, the soft ocean breeze, as we gazed open-mouthed at the breathtaking tokens of insane affluence that line the serpentine river all the way to Ft. Lauderdale's downtown. What struck me as funny was some of the names on these boats (ships?) that dwarfed our own home back in Ljungbyholm, things like: Tranquility and My Bliss... Even though we're supposed to be able to create everlasting joy within ourselves, apparently I'm not the only one who finds it easier to be harmonious when one is fortunate enought to be able to treat oneself to some relaxing in the sun.

Now if you don't mind, there's a quiet balcony in the dark just waiting for me so that I can listen to the symphony of crickets and bristling palm leaves.

2 comments:

  1. Jag tror att du liksom kanske behövde den här semestern en aning - typ jätte-aning. Det låter som att ni har det helt fantastiskt. Skickar en massa snö-yre-kramar från Kalmar. Hälsa familjen.
    K R A M A R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det här med solsemester kan varmt rekommenderas (men lite avis är jag på att ha missat snöfallet...fast bara lite). Hoppas ni har det bra, ni med. KRAM

    ReplyDelete