Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"Suck" means sigh in Swedish


Picture from Google

Lift stomach, lower tail. Lift stomach, lower tail. Lift stomach, lower tail.

This is my mantra. Every. Single. Day.

Except for one infinitesimal moment today.

When I worked as a sales rep I moved much larger pieces of equipment in and out of my van time and time again, and not once did I forget this golden rule. However, today I wasn't solo; I was helping another rep. And the model to be moved out of the car was the smallest version. I didn't even have to bend over. And I guess this was enough to make me relax...

The end I was supposed to lift just a smidgin' to help it roll over the ramp threshold wasn't even off the ground when I felt that indeniable tug in the small of my back. In less than an instant, I released my grip. I swore to myself and hoped that maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought. Why isn't there a rewind-delete function for such idiotic mistakes? As soon as I returned to my hotel room, I pumped myself with Advil, took a hot shower, and sprawled out on my bed wishing for a miracle. But my well intended attempts to reverse the process were in vain; the damage, I knew, was already done.

Alas, I must grudgingly admit that the 4-day pause from my yoga due to travelling will undoubtedbly be prolonged. Which is just so freaking typical after having treated myself to three days of mindblowing, eye-(and body)-opening yoga for my teacher Josephine.

*SUCK*

No comments:

Post a Comment