Saturday, May 29, 2010

Soaring in circles, without ever landing


Forget anything I've ever written about life being busy before. A regular stay at Club-Med compared to life right now!

The job change may be to blame, but changing jobs was a conscious choice I made in an effort to create a better life for me and my family. Implementing change alone, however, will not decide the outcome of that change. It's what I bring to the table in terms of intention, attitude, and strategy that will ultimately determine whether I succeed or fail (or end up somewhere in between).

Time is of essence. It's my currency. I read somewhere recently that time represents modern man's poverty. At least it feels that way. The true challenge (I think) lies in finding the delicate balance between work and play as well being able to recognize the difference between rejuvenating rest and ineffective idleness. So I'm feeling the heat because I really don't want to screw this up. I find myself constantly searching for inspiration and guidance, in books, blogs, and practice. Yet, I can't seem to attain that sense of gut-felt confirmation that what I'm doing is right. Naturally I'm being way too categorical if I limit myself to only two alternatives: right or wrong. Seems pretty adolescent. Still it would be such a comfort if I felt that there was some kind of order to my plans.

For that to happen, then I guess I need a plan, huh? A vision. A future goal that won't overshadow my need to be here and now, experiencing the present. Now if I could only find the time... Where should I get started? Instead of grounding myself I seem to be flying around in circles.

Maybe I should just google "secret to life's riddle" instead...
Picture from Google

No comments:

Post a Comment