Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A sense of well-being


The following could mean that I am certifiably insane, but here goes...

I love hanging out our laundry.

As I delicately sort through the different pieces of clothing based on size and shape I attempt to find just the right balance and structure so that they all can bask in equal amounts of warm sunshine and wind. The feel of the damp, soft textures from the various types of fabric against my skin, the fresh scent of soap and softener, the radiant colors and shades, the taut sound created from shaking a wrinkled mound of cloth back into its symmetrical form is nothing short of a feast for my senses.

I feel instant and complete gratification. I feel closeness to my loved ones, my husband and children, the ones I cherish most.

I am reminded of my abundant good fortune.

1 comment:

  1. ...och doften av tvätt som torkat i sol och vind, wow kram

    ReplyDelete