Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Confessions - not an apology

Just so no one gets the wrong impression by my feeble attempts at sounding like I have a clue in all my yogic intentions...

As much as I would like to say that I am serene and wise in all that I say and do, the truth is I am modern woman living in the Western hemisphere, and, well, we'll just let this list speak for itself:

*I just poured myself a glass of wine, but I'll probably feel hungover before I even finish it.

*The hamburger dinner pictured (yes, that's bacon in the corner) was absolutely delicious; you should have seen the spread of toppings we used - I am so not a vegetarian...

* I wrote on Facebook today that I wish I could play golf, but the truth is I don't know if my temper would allow me enough patience to get a small ball into a minimal hole on a huge course without me suffering from a stress-related aneurism (I'm a bit on the competitive side and an incredibly sore loser).

* Even if I strive for moderation, it would be a lie to say that the Playstation, computer, and/or TV don't "babysit" my kids every so often so that I can have some peace.

* I want to have a nice body, even if I should know by now that I am not my body.

* I bargain with myself, like tonight for example: If you (Judie) do your yoga, then you can stay up to watch "So You Think You Can Dance".

* At times I am way too impatient with my kids and get agitated too easily. This bothers me more than anything else.

* I shy away from conflicts (with the exception of my husband).

"When you know better, you do better!" Well, maybe not all the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment