Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Time for a change?

I'm toying with the idea of retiring this blog and maybe start a new one. It's not that I don't like this one. I took a stroll down memory lane a few weeks ago, reading through past entries, and there's not a single one I would change. And this is coming from someone who's never had much confidence in her writing skills!

The problem is that my "Yogamamma" bar has become too high for me. Since I try to let my inner voice dictate my words (I know that sounds looney, but bear with me), I only write entries with which I feel I can come full circle. I strive to find something concrete for me to grasp onto at the end. A burning desire to tie up any loose ends...

And even though "Yogamamma" is a large part of who I am, I wear a number of other hats as well. Maybe I could learn even more about myself if I include those parts as well? By allowing myself to just be myself and not worry about whether I can land the planes of thought (as opposed to trains of thought) that circle around in my mind? Perhaps if I just put those thoughts out there, shed some light upon them, then maybe at least I will someday be able to make sense of them? Find meaning in them?

But it's a question of having enough confidence to put into writing my points of view at any given moment, knowing that not everyone is going to agree. Making myself vulnerable to criticism has never been my forté, yet I really admire opinionated persons who have no qualms about stating their position. I am soon going to be in a position where sticking my neck out will be a mandatory job requirment, and this would be a good way to get some practice in...

I'm going to give it some more consideration while encouraging myself to embrace the following quote:

Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Bernard Baruch

Funny, I just came across this one while googling for a picture - coincidence???

Sometimes in the winds of change we find our true direction... ~Anonymous


Light and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment