Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hakuna matata

Picture from Google
My daughter has this playing in her room right now as she cleans. Hakuna matata: There are no worries. I don't usually buy into the idea of putting on rose-colored glasses as a way of dodging life's obstacles and challenges and avoiding living up to one's potential. It sort of takes me back to the 80's fad with the whole "Dont worry; be happy" thing going on. To this day, that song makes my stomach turn.

But something weird has been happening to me during the past couple of weeks. There have been on several occasions moments when I, completely out of the blue, notice that I feel...happy...for no apparent reason. And in those moments, Life couldn't be any richer. It's as though the Universe is smiling down on me, and I feel like I'm an intricate part of the Whole.

It's only fair to admit that this is exactly the kind of thing the skeptic in me rolls her eyes at when hearing it from others.Where's the logic? Where's the cause and effect? And most of all, what's the catch?

Then I realize that this is exactly the kind of phenomenon I've read about in countless numbers of self-help books throughout the years (For the record, I have not read The Secret.). Little by little, I've worked at shifting my focus and changing my attitude. Even though I don't meditate as diligently as I'd like (It's on my to-do list.), I believe that that has been a key to this transformation.

It gives me new faith in having...faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment