Sunday, June 13, 2010

Don't try hard; try easy!

That's probably my all-time favorite Baron Baptiste quote. Sometimes more progress is made by not overdoing/overthinking everything. Sometimes just doing little things is enough. Not every day has to contain bold, new revelations to behold.

My favorite chore is mowing the lawn. We have a self-propelling lawn mower, so the tempo at which I move is decided by the motor. I am forced to move at a constant speed for roughly 45 minutes. We have a pretty symmetrical, flat lawn as well, so I only move back and forth, in straight rows.

Talk about an opportunity to just be in the moment. At the start of a new row, I lift my gaze to see the line I need to follow. Then I have to drop my eyes in order to follow my steps. A steady tempo. Senses subdued. I breathe, and I usually don't think about anything at all. The mower is heavy enough that I feel my body being comfortably exerted.

And when I'm done, I feel an immense joy to be fortunate enough to have a home in such a beautiful place.

1 comment:

  1. mitt favvo citat oxå, jag hör faktiskt hans röst när jag läser orden :-)

    ReplyDelete