Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How about a warm cup of "Shut the hell up"?!





If we're going to allow all of our feelings to come forth on the mat, well at least I won't have to worry about whining frustration not showing up...

Even though tonight's session felt good from the second I got onto the map, and the therapeutic effect was just what I needed after a tough day at work, that nagging voice in the back of my head was truly begging me to open up a soulful can of whoop-ass (to put it mildly).

Here's an excerpt, and might I commend myself for not giving in to my mind's aggravating, passive-agressive comments and "suggestions" (save one):



  • God, you're just so tired today. Are you sure you want to do this?



  • I just don't think you're up for getting sweaty.



  • Maybe you just should write that e-mail reply now (Note that it's 6:45 P.M. and NO ONE is working at this hour!)



  • Maybe you should just go eat dinner first instead, and maybe you can do this later.



  • Or you could just do this tomorrow instead. No, wait, you can't, well maybe you can just skip it altogether this week.



  • Aren't you going to call your family, just so you can check in on them?



  • I wonder if anyone's written anything interesting on FB within the last 20 minutes?



  • Oh! A text-message!! Aren't you just going to make sure it's not important? (I did; it wasn't.)


  • Try as you may, I was onto you tonight. I let you babble on aimlessly while I focused on breathing and how I was feeling on the inside. There I could feel that lump of frustration after a long and tiring day.

    Luckily, the pros totally outweighed the cons. Before I knew it, a 75-minute session had passed.

    And I felt so incredibly much better for it. Now I'm going to tune in to BBC's "Property Ladder"!



    Picture from Google and title shamelessly stolen from Ben Stiller's sadistic orderlie in "Happy Gilmore"!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment