Friday, January 21, 2011

Wish list with minor obstacles


Completely steered by desire, I know. On the other hand, if you don't know what you want how will you know when you've found it?!

1. Get my son into dance class. During each commercial break on tonight's "Dancing with the Stars", my 7-year-old insisted that we practice our tango along with a little bit of jive. He also has all of Sean Banan's and Squidward's moves down pat.

The challenge: I could probably skip housecleaning yet another weekend and get him to the local dance academy's open house next Saturday; but how will we be able to add yet another activity to our already saturated list? We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, I suppose.

2. Get in both a yogic as well as a cardiovascular workout this weekend.

The challenge: dang cold. Problem most likely solved.

3. Get dolled up and make the most out of this winter's first (and probably last) date night.

The challenge: staying awake past 9 P.M.

4. Help my daughter find age appropriate makeup.

The challenge: getting my daughter to let me help her find age appropriate makeup.

5. Serve warm, delicious homecooked meals (and maybe even prepare something that can be heated up while I'm away next week).

The challenge: If I could just figure out what to make, that alone would make doing this a lot easier.

6. Get to bed on time.

The challenge: Shower? CHECK! Pajamas? CHECK! Get kids into bed? CHECK! Get into bed myself? CHECK!

In other words, "Good night."

No comments:

Post a Comment